Tuesday, May 5, 2009

As Promised, A "Little" Late

You have probably wondered exactly where I went following December. The good news is that nothing out of the ordinary was going on. Let's just say there is a big difference between having three courses (like I did in Fall) and four courses (like I did this Spring). I was teaching Learning, which is not exactly my forte, and it was taking up the majority of my time. If you have not heard from me - that is why. Graduation was last weekend - so things are much better now. I have four months off, and yes, I get paid. :)

If you are wondering what I am doing this summer, here is my planned itinerary: May 15-18 I am going to Miami, then on a (no laughing) NKOTB cruise. Yes, there are concerts, Meet and Greets, Photos, and other activities. It should be fun. I will keep you updated if we are diverted because of the H1N1...since we are going to the Bahamas, I do not think that there will be a problem.

Next, I am going to a NKOTB Concert in Washington DC on June 7th (I think). Caroline and I are going and will be driving down a couple of days early where we can actually see some of the sights in DC - since we did not get to last time.

Also on my agenda: 1) Finish my DISSERTATION! 2) Squish Cleo 3) Prep my Biological Psychology Course 4) See my PARENTS! 5) See my NIECES! (and maybe my Brother too) 6)Babysit Spartyman and Rags when Jason is out of town 7) Squish Cleo moar!

I think that it will be a busy summer, but "good busy".

Now for the Justin update. Yes, he is still at Camp Bucca in Iraq. It looks like he is going to be there until the middle of July(ish). After that he will go back to Fort Sill for 60 days, then will take 30 days of "terminal leave" and come here. I am not sure where we are going to put all of his stuff, and if he moves MY STUFF we may have problems. Right now we have three walk in closets all filled with my clothes. If you happen to be my size in shirt or pants, let me know if you are in need of clothing. There will be a very large giveaway/sale coming soon. :) Alas, Justin should be here around September. He has applied to Ferrum and will be going to school in whatever semester he makes it for. We are hoping for the Fall...but will take what we can get. I am not sure what courses he will be taking, but I am sure he will enjoy it - especially as he will be getting paid to do it!



Oh, lets see here. I had to take Cleo to the vet, with the help of Jason to carry her (thanks Jason!). She has arthritis in her right elbow joint. Right now she was just on a medicine for a week, then she has a glucosamine supplement in her food she will have from now on. It does not seem to be bothering her (the supplement), and she seems a little bit better. Sissy has the same problem, just in more places - as she is an older cat. She takes daily shots for it, and I am hoping that Cleo does not have to do that. We will see...



I also need your help with something. I am going on this cruise, and I figure it is about time to get something done with my hair. I know this is a really bad picture of me, but I took it right before bed in the bathroom - so bear with me. I need some advice on the hair. Some problems though: since I am part Native American, it will not have any body or curl no matter what I do, so we are limited for options. Color and cut I am open to suggestions.



Ok I think that is about all from me at this time. If you have any questions...let me know, I am back! Hope everyone is well!!!

Love, Ali and Cleo :)

3 comments:

Chavonne said...

I'm glad you're back! It's been a long time since you blogged. Your summer sounds great! It sounds like it will be such a blast. Most of all, I'm so thrilled Justin will be home so soon! I could never take Kalem being so long. I'm impressed by your strength. As for your hair, I don't know. Highlights, maybe?

Rebekah said...

Nice to hear from you again Allison. What to do with the hair. What about a short bob that is longer in front to frame your face and shorter in the back? Might be cute. I'm really bad when I have to try to visualize stuff on people. Perhaps you shouldn't ask my opinion. ;)

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! You've been busy, and have a very fun/busy summer planned! I haven't talked to ya for a while, hopefully we can catch up soon!