Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Back, From The Inside....

My Back


The circled areas are bulging disks...


Enlarge to see better....


Yes, L 2-3 is really bad and will be needing surgery...


The scrambled looking area in the tissue on the right is from surgeries.



5 comments:

Ryan said...

Ouch. You know an X-Ray's bad when a layman can look at it and feel like a trained radiologist. Hope you get feeling better and that the recovery goes well. When's the next surgery going to be?

Allison Hollingsworth Deming said...

Well, this Dr does not really do surgeries to fix disks, so not really sure. All he was telling me was that it would definately be in my future. When he took the MRI he was looking for bloodclots in my spine, but there were not any - this was just an extra finding (since I have not been able to have an MRI in 1.5 years b/c of the implant).

Rebekah said...

That whole experience sounds so incredibly painful. How is your leg doing now?

Allison Hollingsworth Deming said...

Actually, it is not that bad - the whole "lack of feeling" thing seems to take care of that. I did notice when I was up walkinga few minutes ago I had a nice sharp pain in my right knee - and I am inclined to say that is not a bad thing. Unfortunately my back is infected now (ok so has been since Saturday), so I will be here until Thursday seeing what else I can wake up. :) Then my mother will be here to help...since we are going to both have those wonderful rolly walker things, it will be fun. I think we have left the land of the blind leading he blind and went to the blind leading the dumb....or driving them. :)

lori said...

yikes, friend! We'll be thinking of you!!