Sorry it took me a few days to recover where I can tell you all about my trip to D.C. This was the first time that I have ever been to our nations capitol, and it was a good trip. I would love to say that I got to see all of the sights and historical places, but that did not really happen. We got into downtown much later than we were hoping to - somewhat due to us getting lost on the way there, and also due to us getting lost because I did not have the right directions to the hotel. Our latter detour took us through some part of downtown that were nice and I am glad I got to see. We stayed at the Hampton Inn three blocks north of the Verizon Center (where the concert was), and about one block from Chinatown. Thursday night we met up with Madeline and Melissa in the lobby then walked ourselves down to the venue. When we arrived there were frenzied fans with "Property of Donnie" or "I Love Jordan" shirts all over. Most of them were married, several had children. Our seats were pleasantly down front, about four rows back from the stage. My seat was DEAD CENTER. We arrived early, talked to a few fans and saw the real "die hards" come in from the Meet and Greets. See, the rows in front of us all paid insane amounts of money not only to be in the first five rows, but to get to spend about two minutes with the band and take a picture. I think that they also received some goodie bags with large buttons, etc in them. We were perfectly happy with our choices.
*****
Natasha Beddingfield opened, and was very amazing. She is a small woman with a great set of pipes. She also was a good stage performer, and was just delightful. Sadly - during her performance - there were still fans filtering in from the meet and greets, finding their seats, and paying no attention to the opening act. I think that this is a sin as far as concert etiquette.
*****
Something I never thought of, there was ALCOHOL served at this event. I have a feeling that this was the first tour in which this has happened for the NKOTB. I got some beer in my hair, and had a drunk girl standing on the back of a folding chair in HEELS fall on my shoulders at one point. She even thanked me for catching her. This did not do wonders for my back, but then again neither did standing for close to the entire two hours.
*****
Alas, the concert began. They opened with "Single", which went right into "My Favorite Girl" and then "The Right Stuff" (and yes, they did THE DANCE!). VH1 did a special Behind the Music on the New Kids, which featured the first three songs on their Boston show live. This can be found on their website at: http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?id=1594788&vid=280342 . It is the first three videos...
*****
What else can I really say? I got to see my favorite childhood band with some of my closest friends, away from school and in downtown DC. It was a blast. All of the New Kids looked great, in fact - some of them even looked a little too good. :) The pictures came out really good, so make sure to take a look at them.
*****
I am off to bed, I have to do a little teaching tomorrow and tomorrow evening. Hope everyone is doing well!
***
Allison
Friday, October 3, 2008
NKOTB Concert
I am tired, will write more later, but for now....pictures:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ve4ICoEHPk
Post a Comment