Well, as you all know by now Justin will soon be on his way out of the country, but not before he left me with something special. See, he was here last weekend to visit - his last chance to see me before he left. So of course we spent plenty of quality time together. Before he got here he had a slight cough that had been going on off and on - but "it was gone". Well, this week I felt a bit tired on Wednesday night, and decided to sleep in on Thursday morning. That did not work out well, so I went to work about 9 and ran the first group of mice and met with a potential R.A. About half way through that meeting I was getting dizzy, not feeling well, getting achy, and just KNEW I had a fever. It all happened very quick. To keep from getting anyone else ill, I packed up and went right to the walk in clinic before going home. Yup. Infection in my throat, sinuses, and chest - so flu type thing but actually bacterial. Now, I am grounded to my house until I am no longer contagious - which will be Monday or Tuesday.
****
I tried to sleep in until like NOON today, well - I made it until 9 am again. I am not sure what my problem is. There is a good side to this. I can work on the changes I need to make to my proposal which a lot of people are waiting on, and spend quality time with Cleo. She is very happy I am hope to take care of her. :) (This is the way the world should always be). For those of you wanting an update on Squishy, she is doing very well at Caroline's house. While the reception from the other cats was not exactly what we had all hoped, she has made friends with Dryden (the big grey kitteh). In fact they have been seen frolicking together, and Squish sees him as a large moving toy. Especially his feel and tail. Now, the other kitteh - Frolic is still quite skeptical. I am sure they will get along eventually, but it will take time. Other than that the Squish had a good trip, and is doing well. She likes her new home and may not have really noticed that she is not coming back anytime soon yet. Her bed and toys should be there soon. Justin shipped them from Lawton after she left. That might make her feel even more at home.
*****
That is all I really have to update on at the moment. I am going to get back to working on my dissertation and spending quality time with my Cleo. I will let everyone know when Justin actually does ship out, but right now they are in a bit of a holding pattern until they get the day and time they are leaving. Last we heard it will be before the 21st....
2 comments:
bummer...sorry you're sick...but even more sorry that you're husbandless
Yes, while I am used to him being gone for a week or two, but after that I have a feeling that it will all set in when that time is up. Also, when he first gets there he will be in temporary housing with tents, etc - so I will not be able to talk to him online. I might be able to talk to him on the phone about once a week, but it will be expensive and usually a bad signal. That is probably when I will go nuts. I have my dissertation to keep me busy, but even that is going to level out soon. At least for now I can pretend things are normal though - I am so glad Freud discovered denial. :)
Post a Comment