Saturday, April 12, 2008

Two Actresses I Admire...

Ok, so I have been avoiding this tag that Diana gave me a while back to pick two actresses that I admire, and why. I have not been avoiding it because I did not want to do it, it was because I was trying to come up with two people that admire for reasons other than their acting ability or movies that they have been in. It took me a while, and I think I have finally decided.

My first pick is Laura Linney:



The first movie I remember her from in Primal Fear, which she was great. Since then she has played a diverse number of roles. She is not your normal "Hollywood Beauty" but she is gorgeous and holds herself very well. I have never seen her involved in a scandal, or in the press much, which I highly respect. Additionally, she went to Brown and Julliard earning degrees - which is amazing to me.

The second pick would have to be Drew Barrymore:



She is a lot different than the aforementioned, but if there were a class called "How to resurrect your career after totally going nuts as a child star" I think she should teach it. She was a great kid in E.T., and while I am not a fan of all of her movies I think she did an amazing job in Donnie Darko. She has also played a very diverse roles, which I respect a lot. Her personal life was a mess for a long time, but seems to have grown up a bit. She is dating the Apple Guy who is a total nerd...quite cool if you ask me. Only problem, Justin has a huge crush on her.

7 comments:

Diana said...

Laura Linney is a cool one too. She takes intersting roles. I wouldn't call her a beauty, but she has a very attractive quality I like. And, I tend to forget about her, which always tells me how good they are as an actress. Educated too? bonus :)

Drew...ah...I love that she's dating the Apple guy (or Accepted), and she (like me) got a younger dude. :) I like the current trend that way. I do like how much she over came and how she presents herself now...she has a dignity and presence about her that (unfortunately) only comes with living a harder life.

Good choices. Who did you tag? I want to hear others :p

Diana said...

Ok, if this was so hard, what guys would you have picked?

Unknown said...

Ry has a huge crush on Drew as well...he even has a signed picture of her he got when he wrote her a letter as a kid...but don't tell him I told you

Allison Hollingsworth Deming said...

No prob, will keep quite. Plus, at the rate Ryan reads blogs, he is not going to find it here... :)

How is "the family"?

Justin Deming said...

Ryan, how much for the signed picture?

Ryan said...

Hey look, I found this post less than a week later. Good timing! Yes, I love Drew. I wonder if I still have the signed picture. It wasn't the best. It was during her freaky drug phrase between cute ET girl and co-star in Adam Sandler movies.

Allison Hollingsworth Deming said...

That was a bit of a strange phase for her, I admit. No sending Justin the picture, even if you do find it. He did not want to take anything that could get damaged pic wise so he is just using his Zune and his laptop to look at pictures. So NO PICS OF HER! Oh, and while you might have only missed it for a week, he did have fun secretly laughing a bit that whole week.