Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tag Time...

I got this from Rebekah, thus I will answer it. I would also like to say I am not as much bored as not awake enough to do work (thank to my yowling cat).
My sister in law got me so here are the rules:
Answer the questions using only one word. Then tag four other people. Maybe you'll learn something new and with one word answers it will be short.

1. Where is your cell phone? nightstand
2. Your significant other? Justin
3. Your hair? Long
4. Your mother? Ankle
5. Your father? Accountant
6. Your favorite thing? Sleep
7. Your dream last night? TP
8. Your favorite drink? DrPepper (that counts as one right?)
9. Your dream/goal? Graduate
10. The room you’re in? Bedroom
11. Your hobby? Books
12. Your fear? Loss
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Here
14. What you’re not? Awake1
5. Muffins? Blueberry
16. One of your wish list items? Haircut
17. Where you grew up? Texas
18. The last thing you did? Sleep
19. What are you wearing? Jammies
20. Favorite gadget? Bathtub
21. Your pets? Cleo
22. Your computer? New
23. Your mood? Sleepy
24. Missing someone? Nieces
25. Your car? Rav4
26. Something you’re not wearing? Pants (as well)
27. Favorite store? Sockland (yes, this store exists in some malls)
28. Like someone? Usually
29. Your favorite color? Purple
30. When is the last time you laughed? Movie
31. Last time you cried? Hospital (I think)

Lets see, who should I tag....I guess I am going to go for Karla because she is a blog lurker, Madeline since she now has a blog, Amy if she has time with the twins, and Melissa.
*****
*****
I know I promised to post some more pictures of the house, and I really will get around to that. First, I need to finish my syllabi for my courses and get those ready to be printed...umm...in the morning. These are technically two new preps which makes the syllabus thing a bit harder, but I will make it. Just as an update I seem to be done, for now, with my very long meetings. During those meetings we did schedule more meetings for the semester, but I think that nothing will be as crazy as the last two weeks. For those of you who may be interested, I recently found out that the problem with my dissertation has not been cleared up yet. Nothing official has happened. I am not sure what that means exactly, it may mean I cannot graduate this semester - and it may mean nothing at all. I am going to try to find out more. If I did not graduate technically this semester, that would just mean that I would be turning things in after the October deadlines (which are fastly approaching as you may notice). So I would most likely be DONE before December, but not have the Diploma until May. At this point, I am not sure I care which happens anymore - as long as I get my defense done.
******
Cleo is doing better. She has not "vented her anger" in any interesting ways the past 24 hours, but she did have a nice yowling fit this morning from 5-7 am. I am not sure why other than I did lock her in my room to discourage her bad behavior. Now I am awake, and she is well...asleep. Today is going to be a "work on stuff at home" day, so I was going to sleep in, then get to work. I think now the plan is to do work, take a nap, and do more work. Tomorrow I am going to go into the college and pick up my cap and gown and hood (has anyone seen my TTU one?!?!?!?) for the Freshman Ceremony on Monday morning. We all dress up in the funny academic gear and meet the newbies. It will be fun, but a strange way to do things I think. Perhaps the idea is to make us look smart on the first day - something that usually does not happen in my classroom on the first day. :)
******
Heather asked me about my back last night, and I realized I had not really told you all about it. It is doing quite well I think. Since I left the hospital I have not actually SEEN a doctor, which is not that normal but with the move just sort of "happened". Turns out there are no Neurosurgeons or Pain Control Docs in the area, and I would have to drive to Roanoke or Salem to find one. Despite the fact that my insurance does not require a referral, the doctors do. Thus I have a new PCP appointment on the 4th of September. I know I should have gotten in sooner but with no real problems there was not a rush. I have to be doing pretty well to have survived all those meetings...while conscious. :)
*****
Ok, back to work for me! Will come up with more pictures soon....

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

I want to see a picture of you in your impressive cap and gown. That was one of the best things about graduation was seeing all my professors in the gowns from their schools. The best was the guy from Oxford.

Chavonne said...

Thanks for the update!