Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Yes, I Am Still Here....Just in Virginia!

Sorry for the long break in between blogs. As most of you know I have been moving and quite occupied with trying to close the house, start school, and keep my cat from killing me. The trip here was a bit more uneventful than you all may have imagined. Cleo was none to happy about the car, or my Aunt Marylin's House, or any of the hotels - but once we got all of my furniture in the right places in the house things fell into place for her. The main thing that she was looking for was this really old rocking chair that she is fond of. This chair was passed down from my parents, to my brother, to me....and while it is really not in the best working order it is one of the cat's favorite places. Now that she has this, a bed, and things have calmed she is pretty happy.



School has not officially started yet, but we are "on duty" as faculty starting August 15th. The best part about this is the fact that we get a full paycheck on the 20th. :) This is especially appreciated since the movers doubled my cost, broke some of my stuff, and kept me in hotels far longer than they ever should have. If I had the time, energy, and resources I would sue them. As for other people I would like to sue...I introduce: The Loan People. After preapproving our house loan, then approving it about six times - for "the FINAL time", asking for every type of additional document possible (except a papsmear - but I think that was next), and then trying to retrieve their funds AFTER closing because they told the closing agent the wrong thing with ONE sheet of paper....I am a bit homicidal. I know that house closings are hard, but I think that requiring an active duty service member to provide six different Powers of Attorney....then deciding to use the first one is quite cruel. Justin spent hours finding witnesses, getting the things notarized, and mailing them. Then we would find out that they actually put the wrong figure on it..and here we go again. He did a POA before he left, one that was specific to the house and all things related to financing it. In the end....after waiting WEEKS for the POA from Iraq to show up with the right figures, they decided to take the first one.
*****
Perhaps that is enough complaining for this evening. I will have more pictures to come when the house is a bit more put together. Currently there are a ton of blank walls which I plan on taking care of tomorrow at some point. Hope all is well with everyone!

2 comments:

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Yeah, you're alive (and my tally of friends moved to Virginia goes up to five!)

Rebekah said...

What a nightmare your move has been. The moving company really should compensate you for some of it and you should still complain to the BBB about them. They sound like dishonest crooks. Glad Cleo is finally getting used to things now. Poor kitty.