Just thought I would update everyone and let you know that Justin made it to Kuwait in one piece and is doing good. They were suppose to leave to their permanent assignment on Monday, but that was delayed due to a soldier or two who have the Chicken Pox. Now, everyone is in quarantine, and cannot leave. In fact - he said that the only times he has left his tent today was to go eat three times. Other than that he is sitting around reading, and playing on his laptop. As most of his day is spent that way it does provide time for me to talk to him over Instant Messenger. Unfortunately it seems like any normal time of the day it will go out about the time we get into a good conversation - and pow - no more internets until like 3 am my time. Or when it is time for him to go to bed. It has been really frustrating. In fact, most of you know I am not that good at being patient, and I hate not being in control of things. When you have to be patient waiting for internets you cannot control to come back up all day, it really is not fun. So pray for his Wi-Fi if you could. And yes, I am serious. It has been quite the ordeal.
*****
I do have his address for those who are interested, but keep in mind he is not there yet. That means don't send anything until I say he is there and checked in, or it is just going to come back:
***
SPC, Deming, Justin
C Company, 3-13
Camp Bucca, Iraq
APO, AE 09375
***
If you decide you want to send a small package, the USPS has boxes that you can get that are flat rate to any APO address. They are not that BIG, but they work easily and you can send them from you home if you print out the label. If you are wondering what he needs, entertainment is the best answer I can give you. Any old books, movies, etc are wonderful. He loves cheesy Sci-Fi, so if you have any of that laying around you want to get rid of, have at it. He also likes mysteries, etc - the usual stuff. Oh and you can send food. Cookies and things like that are always fair game. And no, it does not take long for the packages to get there - thus if you are the baking type then nicely sealed cookies are good. And I have not seen Justin meet a cookie he did not like, so far.
*****
As far as me, well I am me. I have a lot going on right now - as some of you know. The best I can say is that I think that things are going to be fine, in time. Just trying to spend my days doing school stuff, and figure out what I want to do. And, trying to spend time talking with my Husband, which is not working out so good due to the internet. Did you know that soldiers have to pay $100 a month for internet access? I think that is insane, especially as much as it goes down. There has not been a day YET that he has not gotten cut off while we were talking, within 20-30 mins. I would think that the government would be able to do a bit better for the soldiers who are over there and separated from their families (Yes, you should write your congressman or something!)
*****
I am having a small surgery on my back this Friday at 10 am, and will be basically stuck in bed this weekend. I should be able to go back to work on Monday. I am still waiting to get the last draft of my Dissertation Proposal back from Dr. Young, but she has been swamped with manuscripts that had to go out. Even if I get it back this week, I will not be able to propose until after the 20th, as Dr. O'Boyle will be out of town for a while. Since we have now made it into summer it will be a bit harder to schedule things. I am sure that is can be done though. All I REALLY have to do is have it done before I leave in August. But I would like to have it done before I have more than half of my data analyzed. :) In fact, I already know some of my predictions are wrong: it will just be interesting to have to get up and argue my case for something I know did not work! It will be interesting, for sure.
*******
Now, I am going to go back to waiting on Justin...maybe his internet will come back on...
2 comments:
You're in my thoughts during my surgery. I pray that it goes well.
And of course, you and both your husband are in my thoughts during this time.
I have faith that things will work themselves out...school and internet wise. Try to keep your chin up.
Post a Comment