Monday, March 3, 2008

It's the End of the World as we Know it!

I decided to take a chilly stroll out to my mailbox to see what nice junkmail lay inside. Much to my surprise I had a very sweet, yet horrifying note from my niece. Let me show you:

Other Side:



Now I may have previously hinted that Elmo is kind of creepy to me. Maybe it is because he wants people to tickle him, he KNOWS YOUR NAME, or because he is like the new Grover - only red. It could be the cult-like following of so many small children and their parents who rush stores and even break into fights to get their new Elmo toys at Christmas. I even remember the story of a man pulling a gun to get the last Tickle-Me Elmo from a store a few years back. Does anyone else see what I see? I think Elmo is going to be the next Charles Manson and Helter Skelter II is just around the corner when all these small children grow up.
He even has his own mailing system!
***
Anyone, everyone - please halp!
***
Stop the madness for everyone's sake!
_______________________________________________________
For those of you who may be skeptics, check out this tidbit I stole from FoxNews:

It sounds like something the talking doll Chucky from the movies might say: "Kill James!" Instead, a Florida family says the threat to their toddler is coming from a talking Elmo doll.
The Bowman family, of Lithia, Fla., said an Elmo doll belonging to their 2-year-old son, James, began to spout death threats towards him after they changed its batteries, TBO.com reports.
The Elmo Knows Your Name Doll started saying "Kill James!" in a sing-song voice, the site reports.

"It's not something that really you would think would ever come out of a toy," James' mother, Melissa, told the site. "But once I heard, I was just kind of distraught."
The toy's manufacturer, Fisher-Price, said it will issue the Bowmans a voucher for a replacement doll, TBO.com reports.


5 comments:

Sonia said...

If you think elmo is creepy... you should check out the spanish version of Big Bird.... shudders

Diana said...

LOL. The replacement voucher will be better than reembersement for the years of therapy he'll need!

Yes, elmo creeps me out, but not as bad as teletubies. THOSE things make me shudder. googley, woogley, meep, meep...too weird. Speak a real language already.

wes said...

(Lori)
This made me laugh and laugh. We're not big elmo fans at our house either.

Chavonne said...

Elmo is a creepy, creepy creature. I love this blog!

mcampbell said...

Hey Allison! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get over here and say hi. Of course, I remember you from the Southridge days...It's fun to see what you're up to.

And this Elmo post is v. funny. Hah!

Glad you said hi!