Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spouse vs. Spouse Tag - Thanks Again Rebekah!

Ok, so it has been a little bit since I have written a REAL blog. The reason is my mice came in and I am a bit swamped with work. I am currently finishing up the last 4-5 pages of my dissertation proposal, but needed a break. Thus, I am answering this tag. I will try to write a quick blog later tonight once I have this whole thing into my advisor (cross your fingers!).

How did you meet your spouse? Online actually, my parents bought me a year's worth of an LDS dating service that I tinkered around with but never took that seriously. When I saw Justin I am not sure who said hi first, but I thought I should correspond because he was in Iraq....I was not actually interested, and with him that far away what was the harm? I was doing a civic duty.

Where did you go on your first date? Johnny Carino's I think, and perhaps a movie.

How long have you been together? Since November of 2006? We met online in July 2006 though. Been married since July 2007.

Who eats more? Justin, hands down.

Who said I love you first? Justin.

Who is taller? I am actually, but ask in a few years - I am shrinking!

Who sings better? It has to be him, cause it is NOT me.

Who is smarter? Depends on the subject really, and how you define smart. If you only mean things like "book smart", currently that is me. He is much better at anything creative, electronic, auto-related, or practical. Basically, outside of a college environment I am useless.

Who does the laundry? Currently, we each do our own, but when we are together he does most.

Who does the dishes? Again we each do our own, but he will do them if he is at my house.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do, and it has always been that way.

Who pays the bills? Now we have most of them set up on automatic bill pay. We both have checking accounts, but access to the other person's. I make sure that all the bills actually GET paid, and keep them organized. He set up most of his and just assumes they come out.

Who mows the lawn? Lawn Raiders - they are great. :)

Who cooks dinner? Well, as most of you know I do not really cook. Thus, if any cooking IS done when we are together, it is mainly Justin (sometimes I use the microwave though!).

Who drives when you are together? Ummm I do. I hate riding in his Jeep cause it bugs my back, and I have control issues with anyone driving my car when I am physically able. I guess that comes with being a bit OCD. But I am more than willing on LONG trips to let him drive, I just complain anytime he is doing it in a way I would not be.

Who is more stubborn? We can both be pretty bad...but I think I am going to claim this one. I will ask Justin later tonight and get back to you all.

Who is the first to admit when they’re wrong? I would have to say Justin, he has learned it makes me shut up faster.

Whose parents do you see the most? Right now I would have to say that we see them about equally, even though we live closer to his. While he is gone to Iraq I have a feeling that I will see my family more often, as I will be living closer to my brother soon.

Who kissed who first? He kissed me.

Who proposed? He did.

Who has more friends? I do, but I am better at keeping up with them.

Who has more siblings? He does, he has 7, I have 1.

Who wears the pants in the family? I am not sure on this one...and it may change when we actually get to live together, but I would have to say that it is a shared duty...with me hogging them.

Ok, now I am going to tag Diana (cause I think her answers will be interesting), Chavonne, Madeline, and Sonia and Raine (even though you are not married yet, you can answer some of them I am sure!).

3 comments:

Sonia said...

This tag has been burning a hole in my mind all day...

How did you meet your spouse? Interesting story: I met Raine through my boyfriend at the time (I believe this was 2005 or 2006). They had been friends in high school. I didn't really see/hear from Raine again until the summer of 2007 when he found me on facebook. I was working at a summer camp and we sent a few messages back and forth, but nothing came of it. In October, I randomly invited him to a party I was having and he came and we hit it off.

Where did you go on your first date? I really can't remember... how embarrassing... The first several times we hung out however, were over Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and countless pizzas.

How long have you been together? Since the night of my party.

Who eats more? Probably Raine, but we're practically on par.

Who said I love you first? Me...but he responded with an "I love you more."

Who is taller? Definitely Raine.

Who sings better? Probably me. At least I like to sing more...

Who is smarter? I'll go with an answer similar to Allison's. I'm more book smart and I'm also a quick learner. Raine has insane amounts of common sense, musical talents (drum playing), and a memory unlike anything I've ever encountered.

Who does laundry? We usually take turns doing this. However laundry gets done very rarely.

Who does the dishes? Usually me. Though I wouldn't mind if he did them too :)

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Usually Raine but it can vary.

Who pays the bills? We still have separate houses so we have separate bills. We do share groceries though, and we do help each other out with bills occasionally.

Who mows the lawn? Well considering that Raine taught me how to use a mower about 5 months ago, he does at his house. We have lightening fast mowing ninjas hired by our landlord at my house.

Who cooks dinner? Usually me, because I love to cook. I do request Raine to keep me company in the kitchen sometimes.

Who drives when you are together? Well, neither of us has a car-- we love to ride our bikes everywhere--and I mean EVERYWHERE. When we did have a car Raine drove due to the fact that I am a horrible driver.

Who is more stubborn? Definitely Raine, but this trait has been rubbing off on me.

Who is the first to admit they are wrong? Raine...because he usually is (I love you Raine!)

Whose parents do you see the most? Probably Raine's dad. We do see his grandparents very often though.

Who kissed who first? I did: in my kitchen on October 9, 2007.

Who proposed? Ah, this is pending...

Who has more friends? I do, but he has had his friends for longer.

Who has more siblings? We both have one sibling.

Who wears the pants in the family? Most definitely me! And maybe the cats, on occasion...

Rebekah said...

Thanks Allison, especially with the two weeks you've had. I loved reading your answers. I sometimes have the same feeling about being a bit useless outside of a university.

Chavonne said...

I love this things...they really make the work day pass!

How did you meet your spouse? In college, our first semester. We had two classes together and would stare at each other dopily until I finally introduced myself.

Where did you go on your first date? J and B Coffeehouse, November 11, 2002

How long have you been together? Off and on (mostly on) since March 2003

Who eats more? Kalem, though I'm stiff competition!

Who said I love you first? Kalem

Who is taller? I am by about an ince

Who sings better? I do!

Who is smarter?
Kalem--he's completely brilliant, though he doesn't have an ounce of common sense. I guess that's my contribution

Who does the laundry? Mostly Kalem

Who does the dishes? I do, I love it.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do because it's closest to the bathroom

Who pays the bills? I do all of the financial stuff. It's tiring.

Who mows the lawn? Neither, we live in an apartment.

Who cooks dinner? I do twice a week and he does once.

Who drives when you are together? He does, I hate driving.

Who is more stubborn? I am without a doubt.

Who is the first to admit when they’re wrong? I would have to say Kalem, he has learned it makes me shut up faster. (I agree with your answer, Allison!)

Whose parents do you see the most? It's pretty equal.

Who kissed who first? He kissed me.

Who proposed? He did. Twice.

Who has more friends? I do, but I think he has more meaningful relationship for the most part.

Who has more siblings? He does (2).

Who wears the pants in the family? I won't even pretend. I know it's me!

Thanks, that was fun!