Saturday, March 29, 2008

Peeps!!

Easter has come and gone, but there is one small bit of easter fun left.

At the store I came upon the chance to buy a few boxes of Peeps. These things are ok for eating, but I think they are more fun to kill in strange ways. I have 10 pink, and 10 yellow Peeps.

They will be kiled off in pairs, a few pairs a day or so. Give me your suggestions, and I will do my best to off them according to your ideas. I have all the normal kitchen implements around, tools, even a few power tools.
I will post pics of the fun after it is over for each set.
So let's hear your ideas! Don't hold back anything. I will judge what I can do, and what I can't. Most ideas I can pobbably do. Ok, well I will post this, and see what kind of stuff you can come up with.

12 comments:

Caroline said...

Stick pulling fireworks through them (possibly through the use of straws and ice picks), then set off the fireworks. :) I have access to said fireworks... too bad I do not think I can mail them...

Rebekah said...

Stick the peeps full of matches and light them. Shortened sparklers would work as well.

Idea number two. . .dredge peeps in baking soda and then soak in vinegar.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Creepy...
Microwaves and marshmallows. Makes for an interesting combination.

Sonia said...

Peeps in a blender! Peeps in a blender!! They may need some juice to help them along...

Also, I'd like to see them skewered and on a grill.

Justin Deming said...

ok, that is a good list! I can do most of those things very soon. fireworks i don't have, but matches, a grill, blender are all here. I can get soda & vinegar easy enough.

by my count that is 5 offings. I can use another 5 ideas still, or I will just off larger numbers.

Hopefully the fun will be up here in a few days :)

Diana said...

Didn't anyone ever used to just eat them? I don't have any good ideas. I never did bad stuff with peeps beyond biting their heads off...disturbing, but more about me than them!

Hey...if you need more my walgreens has easter candy 90% off (and loads of peeps left)...so you can off a whole crap load of them at once.

I like rebekah's idea of baking soda and vinegar. There's using your science hat!

Does dt. coke just explode like that with mentos, or is it all candies? hmm....

Ryan said...

I don't comment often on blogs, so I didn't realize that the comment section came at the bottom of a post, not the top. So I clicked on the Comments link just above the Mices Mices, and more Mices picture. Then was horrified to read Caroline's recommendation that you impale the poor creatures with live fireworks. Boy was I glad to scroll to the top of the screen and discover we were talking about Peeps.

Justin Deming said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allison Hollingsworth Deming said...

Ryan, I think that this means you need to read my blog more often. In addition you still have not told us how to kill off cute little peeps for you and Amy. Perhaps a nice little pre-baby sacrifice to the Easter candy world? Can't hurt I would say. I think you guys should try it. Oh and one of my cute little creatures (the one we named Hugo Chavez) bit the daylights out of me yesterday! Through two pairs of gloves, it really was an amazing feat. Perhaps we should have named him fluffy?

Justin Deming said...

Thats hilarious Ryan, thanks for the laugh.

After some brainstorming, this has become a fun project. I wrote a small story, built a set, and am now starting to shoot a video. Hopefully I will have something you can all see in about a week.

I won't spoil the surprise, but the people I told at work think it will be very funny. We shall see:)

Oh, and I ordered some pulling fireworks online. I guess you can mail them via the USPS. I hope they arrive soon!

martha said...

no idea if the first one i sent went through...
could you freeze them in ice and then break them with a hammer? something with dry ice maybe? how about running over them and seeing if they bounce back like "memory foam" mattresses do?

Justin Deming said...

Martha, I like your ideas, would be fun to try those. Unfortunately I have offed most of the peeps. I have most of the video shots done, but i have to move out of my apartment this week. Hopefully I will finish it in about 2 weeks, maybe 3.