First, Hi to all. I have been needing to post something here, but have been rather busy of late. Also, I just couldn't think of anything creative to add. This changed a few days ago when Allison said something that made me think.
She was talking about an encounter with Cleo. In this story Cleo had reached out to touch Allison's "paw", which made me ponder a bit. It just took a few seconds for this catalyst to fuse the ingredients that had already been waiting in my mind. The result was the sudden realization that Allison may (subconciously) consider herself a cat. That would explain why she identifies with them, loves them, spoils them, and will do ANYTHING for them! It's not just that she empathises, it's way more than that, somewhere in the deep recesses of her mind she has become a deceptively human looking cat!
Now I have no probem with this, I love cats. This revelation actually helps me understand her a little better. You see, I have had mixed success making her happy. Now, I think if I just apply the same methods that keep Squishy happy, I think my approval rating may take a sharp upturn. It seems so simple now, plenty of food, squishing, and constant attention should do the trick! The occasional treat to re-enforce good habits, and a squirt of water when she mis behaves? Ok, maybe not the squirt of water. Give her toys to play with & a comfortable place to sleep, and I just can't see how this could go wrong.
I understand there are limits to this, she still has a few qualities that only the human posesses. Opposible thumbs, and the capacity to enjoy CSI for example. But I am fairly certain many of her internal thought processes work more like a cat than a human.
Ok, That's all I have about this. Now I need you all to let me know if you agree. Consider this thought process a work in progress. Should I keep working on it?
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I would just like to point out that if you decide I am a cat and come near me with a water bottle, you will be getting an addition to the new house: your own room.
There might be some validity to your theory. We're talking on the phone right now, and she called her water glass her water "bowl." :)
I did that because my lovely cat was drinking out of it, and because I was tired and in bed. Same time of night I made the last comments in question...
LOL...you may be onto something here Justin :)
In my opinion, I've never seen Allison bathe herself with her tongue. She's also an effective communicator.
I think more research is necessary.
Well it seems I have enough positive opinions to continue this experiment. I was very encouraged to hear about the "bowl" incedent.....
I think you may have just figured out the secret of how to handle women. And, oddly enough, before she married me Cori's intials were CAT.
Jeremy, you know known me since 6th grade, even into the days when I dumped you (and have never recovered). Don't you think you are smart enough that if this WERE the case you would have figured it out by now?
Post a Comment