Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy Anniversary (and one day) Parental Units

Ok, so I was going but did not have the chance to get around to it before it was after midnight. Thus, I figured I might as well wait until today. Yesterday was one of those multi-purpose Hollingsworth Family Holidays. See, we like to clump things together to make sure that we do not forget them.

Event 1 Of the Day: Mom and Dad's 36th Wedding Anniversary

Not trying to give anything away about whether or not my Mom really is 40 (as she many times reports), but yes it was their 36th Anniversary. They went from their house in Idaho to a Concert in Jackpot, Nevada to Celebrate. I did not hear, but I am sure they also went out to eat too




Event 2 Of the Day: My Aunt Marylin's Birthday

I am not sure which birthday this was for my wonderful Aunt Marylin. If anything I am sure it is right up there with my mother's age of 40. Althought she is the older sister, so I will go with 41. So Happy Birthday Aunt Marylin. From reports she spent the day in Shreveport, LA at a seafood buffet, then drove back home to Arkansas with my Aunt Evelyn.


Please note my Aunt Marylin is the one of the left...

Event 3 Of the Day: My Engagement Anniversary

Yeah I know, I am not sure this really counts as a holiday - but my engagement ring is one year old, so we can at least celebrate that. Alas, Happy Anniversary Engagement Ring.




Event 4: A bit Late, Happy Birthday Cleo!

On the 12th Cleo turned 8. Still just a baby, and before you ask - yes it is her real birthday, not the day I got her. So happy birthday little one, you are only a little older than the number of wrinkles that line your pudgyness.



Event 5: KARLA!




CONGRATULATIONS!
Pouvez vous et le nouveau bébé avoir une grossesse heureuse et saine. Ah, et je pense si c'est une fille, vous devriez appeler son Allison ! Voyez-l'en septembre !

12 comments:

Allison Hollingsworth Deming said...

Ignore that comment, I am trying to figure out how to remove it...and am now moderating all of them.

Diana said...

I know a while back people got married young, but sheesh...I thought I wanted to marry Super Man when I was 4 :) Glad she picked a good one!

AND, happy birthday to your aunt and Cleo. Also, happy anniversary Allison's ring ;)

P.S. Not all of my people use blogger :( stupid google (wait...I love you google, don't be mad! You have everything I need..it's quite sick really)

Unknown said...

there sure are a lot of birthdays this month. happy birthday to all!

Allison Hollingsworth Deming said...

There are two more in the next week, Justin and my niece Kate...it is insane.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

I would like to also start clumping important holidays together to save on time and memory space. It gets really difficult sometimes to remember all 26 nieces and nephews birthdays (not to mention the in-laws!) In fact, I don't know all of them! HAHAHAHAHA!

Allison Hollingsworth Deming said...

Well, I have not figured out the other 12 on Justin's side of the family...I am just keeping up with mine. Sounds bad, but they do not do birthdays, etc...even for the siblings. In fact, I bet he only gets a call or two on his birthday, and maybe a card. My parents got him a large type gift, along with my brother and sister in law's family. We are just weird I guess, but there are not as many of us - and it is what we are used to.

jeanine said...

Allison, glad you found our blog. Of course I remember you... you were in our FHE group! Good to see what you're up to!

lori said...

so glad you left your site on Michelle's page!
I love all of these pictures! How fun!

jeanine said...

we are in piedmont... which is northwest of OKC.

Rebekah said...

Happy birthday Cleo! My kids liked her picture. We went to a pet store today just to look at the animals. I know now why we don't have pets. Lauren and Spencer pounded on the side of the fish tanks and growled at the parakeets. Any pet in our house would have a nervous break down in three days.

Allison Hollingsworth Deming said...

Yeah maybe you and Ben and come visit, and get a babysitter for the little ones....I forsee my cat with patches of hair missing and being on Prozac the rest of her life....

karla said...

I finally checked your blog Allison. Thanks for the congrats and well wishes. I will, um, make sure I put Allison on the list of possible names. =)