Well, I promised Rebekah that I would start a blog once my dissertation proposal was done. Turns out it is not done, I am just tired of working on it at the moment, and figured I should be somewhat productive at 3:15 in the morning.
This week had gone a bit slow. Despite my greatest efforts to avoid the flu/cold/plague that is going around TTU and the HSC, I managed to get something of that nature and have been down with it for two days now. I wonder if the $30 I paid for that flu shot was really worth it now that the strain has mutated about 80 times?
The other thing that I have been using for a distraction is this strange area of house hunting. As most of you know I got a job in Ferrum, Virginia. That means I am going to need to move there. Uproot the cat, grab all my books, and drive the 25 or so hours to Southwest Viginia. I am already dreading the impending yowling that will most likely last the entire trip. Unfortunately, Justin will not be making this trip with me. He will be in Iraq, guarding the outside of a prison. The good news is this is not too bad of an assignment when it comes to deployments, and tends to be about as safe as they come. The bad news is well....it is IRAQ. So our great plans of actually getting to move in together in October when he was out of the Army are going to have to wait until 15 months from April. I will have been at Ferrum for about a year, and hopefully will be quite settled in my job where we can spend a good amount of quality time together. Oh yes, back to the house hunting. We have decided that we cannot find a house we want, so we are going to build one. I would love some feedback on the floorplans that we have narrowed down. There are three. Two you will find here:
This week had gone a bit slow. Despite my greatest efforts to avoid the flu/cold/plague that is going around TTU and the HSC, I managed to get something of that nature and have been down with it for two days now. I wonder if the $30 I paid for that flu shot was really worth it now that the strain has mutated about 80 times?
The other thing that I have been using for a distraction is this strange area of house hunting. As most of you know I got a job in Ferrum, Virginia. That means I am going to need to move there. Uproot the cat, grab all my books, and drive the 25 or so hours to Southwest Viginia. I am already dreading the impending yowling that will most likely last the entire trip. Unfortunately, Justin will not be making this trip with me. He will be in Iraq, guarding the outside of a prison. The good news is this is not too bad of an assignment when it comes to deployments, and tends to be about as safe as they come. The bad news is well....it is IRAQ. So our great plans of actually getting to move in together in October when he was out of the Army are going to have to wait until 15 months from April. I will have been at Ferrum for about a year, and hopefully will be quite settled in my job where we can spend a good amount of quality time together. Oh yes, back to the house hunting. We have decided that we cannot find a house we want, so we are going to build one. I would love some feedback on the floorplans that we have narrowed down. There are three. Two you will find here:
http://www.holmesbuildingsystems.com/images/stories/Woodland.jpg
Some pictures from a model of this one:
.jpg)
.jpg)







.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
http://www.holmesbuildingsystems.com/images/stories/1721ra.jpg
And the other you will find on our builder's page here:
http://www.turnkeyhomesinfo.com/ModelHomes/RutledgePage.htm
If you would like you can even do a virtual tour of the last one. The others you will just have to imagine it in your head. :)
These are our current favorites, and we think that any of them would work. Everyone should notice that the last one is a lot larger than the others, but remember - we only have us and two cats, and not a ton of furniture. All feedback will be appreciated. Oh, and we have to decide this week! At least if we want it done before I get there.... We had a hot date this weekend working on the loan papers, and those will be mailed off in the morning.
Some pictures from a model of this one:
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
http://www.holmesbuildingsystems.com/images/stories/1721ra.jpg
And the other you will find on our builder's page here:
http://www.turnkeyhomesinfo.com/ModelHomes/RutledgePage.htm
If you would like you can even do a virtual tour of the last one. The others you will just have to imagine it in your head. :)
These are our current favorites, and we think that any of them would work. Everyone should notice that the last one is a lot larger than the others, but remember - we only have us and two cats, and not a ton of furniture. All feedback will be appreciated. Oh, and we have to decide this week! At least if we want it done before I get there.... We had a hot date this weekend working on the loan papers, and those will be mailed off in the morning.
This process of getting a real job was starting to make me feel a bit old, and buying a house was making it even worse. Until my mother called the other day to say that my Cousin Daniel decided to throw me under a bus with his Mom. See, Daniel is a Freshman at the University of Arkansas and intends on going to medical school. I guess he was not too happy with his first semester of school, and decided to tell his mother and my Aunt Marylin he had made a decision to become a professional student. When told that he really could not do that he responded with "Well Allison does! She even got a job and will still be in school!" Touche Daniel, Touche. I guess the moral of the story is that you never really grow up in academia, they just raise your pay grade a little bit, and give you a lot more work.
Oh, and before I sign off, I wish a Happy Valentine's/Single's Awareness Day to all, and to all a good night.
6 comments:
Yay for your new blog! I can't wait to see what house you choose!
Hurray!!! I will add you to my blog too now! This really is such a great way to keep in touch with people.
I forgot, the link to my blog in this post is not right. It is just madmastanley.blogspot.com The link on the side is correct. You should post your dissertation when it is finished. ;)
It is currently about 70 pages...Justin has offered to host the file on his website and I will provide a link to it. Then, when people have trouble sleeping they will know exactly where to go... I will have him post the proposal soon. :)
I like the second one. I definitly prefer the layout this most.
I wanted to let everyone know that we have made a last, and final decision. Yes, I know we had made one of those yesterday, but we are going to start the paperwork process tomorrow for the Woodland home. It is the first floorplan in this blog, with all the pictures from the model. Ours will look at bit different, and we are still picking out colors. When I have more info on that I will let you know.I am going to post a picture of our lot in a bit as well. Thanks for all the help!
Post a Comment