Ok, so this weekend Justin is going up to see his parents and other family in the Colorado Springs area. He recieved a pass to do so as this is over the 250 mile limit they are usually able to travel on a long weekend. It is Presidents Day, so there is a four day weekend which makes this much more of a possible trip.
Well, Justin had decided that he wanted to leave Thursday night. I had decided I did not want him to leave Thursday night. I am a bit of a worrier as most of you know and long driving trips bother me, especially when people are alone. Add that to a long day of work and driving in the middle of the night, and this almost became a good argument (yes, sometimes we disagree - but no huge thing, I am much better at using guilt trips).
Justin told me on Wednesday that he was still going on Thursday night, so basically that was it. Then Thursday my idea seemed to sink in. He said he was going to leave Friday morning. Yay! I got through to him! The bad weather, the long drive, he realized that sleeping on the side of the road was somewhat dangerous... I won. :)
Or so I thought. A few hours later we were talking again, and he made the comment about leaving on Thursday morning that went like this "Well, at least it will make you and my Commander happy." At first I smiled, then I thought a bit more and wondered....the Commander...like the one who had to sign his pass, etc? So I asked "Did your Commander say you could not leave until Friday morning?" To which Justin replied "Well, he thought it was a good idea, and so did you...so I thought I would do that." My translation: "My Commander told me to keep my butt at home until Friday morning for all the same reasons my wife did. I will just leave the Commander part out where it seemed like I decided to agree with you - this wins me points."
Well, Justin had decided that he wanted to leave Thursday night. I had decided I did not want him to leave Thursday night. I am a bit of a worrier as most of you know and long driving trips bother me, especially when people are alone. Add that to a long day of work and driving in the middle of the night, and this almost became a good argument (yes, sometimes we disagree - but no huge thing, I am much better at using guilt trips).
Justin told me on Wednesday that he was still going on Thursday night, so basically that was it. Then Thursday my idea seemed to sink in. He said he was going to leave Friday morning. Yay! I got through to him! The bad weather, the long drive, he realized that sleeping on the side of the road was somewhat dangerous... I won. :)
Or so I thought. A few hours later we were talking again, and he made the comment about leaving on Thursday morning that went like this "Well, at least it will make you and my Commander happy." At first I smiled, then I thought a bit more and wondered....the Commander...like the one who had to sign his pass, etc? So I asked "Did your Commander say you could not leave until Friday morning?" To which Justin replied "Well, he thought it was a good idea, and so did you...so I thought I would do that." My translation: "My Commander told me to keep my butt at home until Friday morning for all the same reasons my wife did. I will just leave the Commander part out where it seemed like I decided to agree with you - this wins me points."
A few more moments of me trying to figure out who had the most influence and I realized I was not going to get an answer...but he was not really ready to concede victory to me either. Oh well. So here is the question, did I win...or lose this one? Of course in marriage it is not about winning or losing, it is about making sure the other person does not drive into a ditch in the middle of Oklahoma. But for ego's sake...any ideas?
Next, I would like to share a LOLcat that made me smile:
Was I the only one who did this as a kid...and maybe even a teenager? Just curious.
An update on the house: I talked to our builder yesterday, and there were a few small problems. The lots we like are zoned to where they are not that wide, which leads to putting a two car attached garage next to the house kind of hard. So, there could be a trade off of bigger house to full garage. We were thinking of possibly changing to a Cape Cod type home that is two stories, like this:
Blueridge
Problem, I am not good at stairs. But we were thinking of putting another bedroom in the dining room area, and using the upstairs for say guests and bigger kids. That is an option. The downstairs could be used for potential squishy babies. Opinions welcomed.
The house posted with all the pictures from yesterday is still our favorite, but we are going to see what we can work out. The lots we like are right around the corner from the church which is great, and I like the location. We will probably even be able to have it at the end of a cul-de-sac. Yay. There is a park area, playground, and walking trails in this subdivision. Nice family region. No, I am not hinting at anything, no kidos yet. Will let you know. But do not expect any of the Deming sort (from us) until Justin gets back.
I should throw in though, I got a very, very cute and sweet Valentine's Day present, as seen below:

Well, I love you too Justin!
But I have to say, I have the urge to put the t-shirt on Cleo...
NOW, BACK TO DISSERTATION!
6 comments:
Personally, I was never into the whole bubble wrap popping. I had some friends that liked it... They're so far gone now... I never let them pressure me into it.
I think you need to accept the W even if it wasn't exactly on your terms.
And I do think the one you posted yesterday is best; family bedrooms across the house from the master (this matters, TRUST ME) with one of those kitchen counter things you can have bar stools and just use that, which is nice and casual and they often SWIVEL. Yay.
LOL...Cleo with the t-shirt. Hehehe. Thanks for the early-ish morning smile :) You will post pics if you actually do it, right?
I agree with Caroline. The key was to keep him safe, and that is being accomplished. Being married to a very (VERY) stubborn man, and not being able to compete with his stubbornness - I take all the help I can get and call it a win :) You should probably do the same
Yeah, I thought it would be amusing too. Unfortunately, if it did happen I am not sure that I would live long enough to share any pictures. At least any that did not involve a crime scene photographer. I did check it out, and it looks as if it would not fit. Not that anyone finds this suprising. It was made for a teddy bear, not a (as Justin would call it) "Giagantor Kitteh". In fact, I am not sure they have a line of clothing for that. Discrimination I tell you, discrimination.
You won. That's all that matters. So, you had a little help. But YOU won. :). Ha ha!
And I prefer the one-story house. The idea of having to lose your dinig area for a bedroom saddens me.
Yes, I have decided it is a victory as well....or as close as I am going to get on this one.
Post a Comment